Monday, April 03, 2006

magic ointment

Went to the vet locally and explained about 'foamy eye'. So now I've got some cream to put on it (how British!) - twice a day in both eyes! First catch your drake; then find very small tube in pocket; then catch drake again; then get top off tube; re-catch drake; apply ointment; lose top of tube in mud; lose drake; lose cool; slip in mud; swear and stomp indoors to change trousers; read duck recipes while drinking large glass of red wine. And then it was lunchtime! So by the end of the week of such activity I'll have contributed to global warming through repeated use of the washing machine, out-cussed my neighbours, rotted my liver, and grown even more fond of Donald than I was at the beginning because I have to look him in the eye(s) each time I do it - twice a day.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I don't suppose helpful vet gave you any idea whether disaster would befall if Donald WEREN'T treated, did he?
It sounds a wonderful spectator sport...did anything actually end up in his eyes?

hencity said...

Unamazingly several things ended up in his eye - the cream, my finger - and now it's looking lots better. not bad for a fiver's worth of eye cream that's good enough to use on humans apparently. I'm getting better at administering it too - less mud, less cussing.

Kathryn said...

Ducks as Lenten discipline...an interesting take, but clearly fruitful! Delighted it's working (and the eye too ;-) ) x