Friday, April 14, 2006

Holy Week

Today I buried four of my beautiful ducks killed by the fox on Tuesday. Well, to be precise, 2 were dead when I found them, one was so injured I had to kill her there and then but found it so very hard to achieve and one (twelve year old Donald) died of his injuries the following day. Two others were injured but so far have survived. Ellie was fabulous as we had to inject the survivors with antibiotics. The garden is so empty without those particular birds. I hoped the fox would return to take the bodies but no luck - I contemplated leaving them on Painswick Beacon for it there but realised that the bird flu fanatics would have a fit and the world would end!
So Holy Week has been more emotional than usual for this ENTP (Myers Briggs for a person who thinks rather than feels as a first resort... and a second resort too.)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Large and sorrowful hugs.
That really is miserable :-( xxx