Friday, December 15, 2006

call ducks off elsewhere

The two white call ducks are going tomorrow - hooray! They look sweet and harmless but their constant high pitched calling quack has been the cause of my despair so often that they need to go now, or even sooner. I was given them by a friend who thought they were just small and girlie. Well they are small and they may be girlie but they are LOUD!!!! They are also the reason that the other ducks don't go to bed at dusk but loiter on the path in the dark playing at being fox food. So I can hardly wait - as I type they are not yet in bed... but hanging around the front door trying to make me a duck murderer - well don't push it girls!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Well, there was a move in the Fleming household to have a duck for Christmas...not in the friendlier sense of the words..But I pointed out that a vegi daughter would struggle with this, so can't offer to relieve you of their noise immediately if not sooner. I do hope their departure does indeed simplify bedtime for all of the rest of you! xx